Given the rising levels of temperature this summer season, most homeowners are considering installing an air conditioning system.
There are two primary options in the market for air conditioners: window ACs and central air conditioning systems. Which type of AC Installation should you get? Here are the advantages and disadvantages of the two:
- It can be installed easily in rental places, whereas a landlord might object to the installation of a central AC unit.
- Window units are cheaper than their central AC counterparts.
- They can be set up the way you want. For example, if you only want to have an air conditioning unit installed in a certain room, you can opt for that.
- Window AC repairand replacement is easier because they are single units. Even if a window AC breaks down, it can be replaced easily.
- Window ACs are not considered permanent parts of the house, so they don’t typically add to the home’s resale value.
- Window ACs might block the view from the window after they’re installed.
- Window AC installationis complex and should be left to an experienced technician.
- They damage the windows when they’re installed, and they take up unnecessary space during the seasons when they aren’t required.
Central Air Conditioning Units
- Central air conditioners are permanent additions to the house; thus, they add value to the houseand you’re likely to get a good return on your investment when you plan to sell your home.
- If you require cooling in every room, a central air conditioner will work well as it spreads cool air evenly in every room via a vent.
- The cost of installing central air conditioning is significantly more than those of window AC units. This is one of the top reasons why homeowners go for a window AC unit instead. In addition, if the home doesn’t already have a duct installed, then the costs increase further.
- If you live in a rented home or apartment, the landlord may not allow central AC installation.
- Central AC units circulate cool air to every room, which can rack up the electricity costs.
Get You Window or Central ACs Installed In Nashville
If you’re looking to get an AC installed, get in touch with us at Lewis Comfort Control HVAC. We’ve been installing, servicing, repairing, and inspecting ACs in Nashville since 2014 and know exactly which AC is best for your home.
Call us today to get a free quote.